Association Members enjoy substantial advantages:
copies of our Journal: Citizenship Teaching and Learning
- Citizenship Teaching and Learning is our academic referred journal, with material of citizenship education from all over the world. Produced three times a year, and published by the academic publishers Intellect, this is the essential journal for all academics in the field! Online access is available to all our members either Individual or Institutional. See our Publications pages for details.
eligibility to submit manuscripts to the our online Working Papers Series
- CiCea Occasional Working Papers Series is our newly established academic peer-reviewed online publication. All members are eligible to submit their manuscripts for peer-review. It will be produced annually and may be increased to twice a year depending on submission volume. Manuscript preparation details are the same as those used for our journal and may be accessed here whereas all communication regarding the Working Papers are to be directed to the Working Papers Editor here. A separate page is currently under development on the Association website where the CiCea Occasional Papers Series will be hosted under the Papers pages.
use of our European Research Centres
- we've set up eight European Research Centres scattered across Europe - Association members can book individual study places, or group research meetings, with hosts who will help access your accommodation requirements and local education establishments for research purposes. Members get an illustrated catalogue of the Centres at the beginning of the year/when they join! See our News pages for details.
access to our Research Support Grants
- each year we run a Research Support Grant scheme, where we make supplementary funding available to help groups of members in collaborative research projects. Details of when and how to apply - and handy tips on making research funding applications - appear here on the Association's website. See our Activities pages for details.
eligibility for our Best Annual Publications Awards
- each year beginning in 2011 we organise Best Publications Awards for the best research and practice publications of the previous year, authored by CiCea members. The first awards for the BEST PUBLICATIONS were held for 2010. Details of when and how to apply for the annual Best Publications Awards appear here on the Association's website. See our Activities pages for details.
eligibility for our Outstanding Achievement Awards
- each year beginning in 2011 we nominate and recognise the outstanding achievement in the area of Citizenship and Identity, of a single CiCea member. The first award for the OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT was for 2010. Details on the awardees for the annual Outstanding Achievement Awardees appear here on the Association's website. See our News pages for details.
reduced rates to our Conferences
- members are eligible for a substantial reduction in the fees for our annual conference*. The 2020 conference which is our 22nd CiCea and 3rd Joint CitizED International Conference will be held in York, United Kingdom in the second week of May. See our Organisation/Meetings pages for details.
* note that unfortunately European Universities are not eligible for reduced conference charges unless they are also members of either CiCea or CitizED.
access to archived copies of our Newsletters
- From 2008 thru 2015 members received our Newsletter, packed with news of activities, conferences, publications and research opportunities. (Last issue: 37 Jan-Mar 2015). See our Publications pages for all previous Newsletters. In late Fall of 2018, the CiCea Newsletter will be relaunched and be published several times a year.
vote and stand for Election
- all members can stand for election - as President or Executive Members. Institutional members get a larger block vote. Our next election process begins in the latter part of Fall of 2019 - early 2020 for new President (for six years from October 2021). Only Association members can stand and can vote. See our Organisation/Meetings pages for details.