The Research Grants Competition is announced in the early Autumn annually*. The grant period begins in January of the following year. The following extracts from the guidance notes may be useful to those considering making an application. We ask that you not apply until the Grant Application Period is formally announced, and a closing date is given.
- The application must be made by a group of at least THREE Association members, from different institutions. International collaboration is strongly prefered.
- You will be asked to describe the aim of the research and its relevance in terms of citizenship.
- In cases where the grant is planned to be used to supplement other awards and grants, then you should specify what the CiCea award will add to the overall project.
- The Association will require a final report at the end of the project. The project proposed should be completed within 18 months. It should start in January of the year following Application Submission (and therefore should be completed within 18 months).
- Download a copy of the Research Grant Fund Application Guidelines
- 2008 - 2009 Research Grant Final Report: Participative Citizenship
- 2009 - 2010 Research Grant Final Report: Peace Education
- 2019 - 2020 Research Grant Final Report: Art and Citizenship Education in diverse communities
* Research Grants Competitions Announcements are made on the CiCea Facebook page and in article format on the CiCea Website.